Wednesday, November 7, 2007

End of term 1

So I had lots of great ideas and no time to implement. So here's my thought: term 2 work collaboratively with my team and create a team project in which we all have differing assignments/goals based upon the student position on a political idea or opinion. So I can keep track myself here are some possible ideas

1. Lowering the drinking age
2. Decriminalizing marijuana
3. Fingerprinting students for use in schools - lunch, book check out, fines, etc
4. Uniforms in schools
5. Curfew laws

Ideally a webquest can be set up for the students to explore these ideas and pick groups for themselves to work on a project that either supports or arguees against the statistics, the article or the claim itself. From there, I'd like to employ the use of Zoomerang and have the kids create a survey to see if the other students as a whole either agree or disagree with the claim.

1 comment:

Joseph Miller said...

John,

It would be fun to create multimedia presentations defending their arguments. I love this cool idea Dave T found: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/video/2006/08/01/VI2006080100794.html

It is basically about the candidates, but the clips could easily be used to support a point of view.