Sunday, August 26, 2007

What's going on

So there's been a lot going on this past week. I had a hectic time on Wednesday when two girls decided to have angry words. Luckily L.C. and T.F. are being civil and are sitting in opposite sides of the room. Wed, and Thursday I showed the you tube clips from my lesson plan, which I'll try to post here. It seems like there's a way to link Google docs straight to a blog. Hopefully it works. I've been busy trying to get everything ready for this next week, being a dad, working A LOT, trying to be a department chair. So Yeah, we'll see how it goes. I'm working with Annette Garcia again this year to help with my lesson planning and classroom management. It seems my 7 prior years really made me lackadaisical and according to my evaluation I don't adequately plan for "bell to bell" instruction. This year I've tried to divide our 66min blocks into 3min warm up, 1st 20min activity, 2nd 20min activity, 3rd 20min activity, and 3min closing activity. Wed, Thurs, and Fri proved that I can't always do this. Especially since I gave a clickers pretest on Friday and really lost the majority of the class' attention by question 30. So either I really plan to break up my instruction into small sections or I find a way to capture and focus their attention for a full block. We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Joseph Miller said...

Thanks for being so honest about how everything is going. Obviously, integration of technology creates a few problems too. That said, it strikes me that your reflective nature is going to significantly benefit you and your colleagues. Speaking from the perspective of an administrator that is trying to better understand 21st Century learning in the traditional classroom your reflections are benefiting me enormously. Thanks for sharing. Joe